Part Time Commercial Conveyancing Paralegal
3 Days Wednesday Thursday and Friday.
Essential Must be able to demonstrate Commercial Conveyancing Experience - and ability to hit the ground running,
Job description: You are competent to carry out, but not limited to the following tasks under the supervision of a solicitor(s):
· Use a computerised case management system, as conveyancing tasks are increasingly being completed online
· Send terms of engagement and estimates of fees and disbursements
· Obtain or check Land Registry documents or Title Deeds
· Draft or check sales contracts and agree terms with the conveyancer acting for the other party to the transaction
· Collate and send or check supporting legal and financial documents
· Deal with all financial aspects of a transaction
· Exchange contracts and complete the transaction
· If the property is leasehold, obtain the landlord's agreement to the sale or the change of mortgage and deal with apportionments of rent and service charges
· Research information and communicate with clients and others in person, on the phone, by letter or email
Specific tasks for purchase transactions include:
· Carrying out and checking pre-contract searches by checking whether the property is affected by local authority proposals, leased easements or covenants, mortgages, land tax, susceptibility to flooding or subsidence or liability for unsound building structures and repairs
· Receive and check mortgage instructions from lenders and undertake specific tasks required
· Prepare transfer and mortgage deeds
· Pay stamp taxes and deal with registration of client and lender with the Land Registry and HMRC
· Draft commercial leases
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.