TFS Healthcare is seeking an experienced, Histology Medical Lab Assistant for a new, rewarding opportunity to start asap, this is 12-20 week contract with a view to extend.
Medical Lab Assistant main duties:
To perform routine preparation and tests accurately and efficiently under the supervision of
a qualified BMS. Bring any unusual test requests or results to the attention of the
appropriate member of staff.
* To enter patient requests into the pathology computer: assign laboratory numbers and carry
out clerical and technical tasks in accordance with sample handling procedures. Assist in
handling and distribution of incoming and outgoing goods, equipment, specimens and
* To keep records as required by the laboratory manager or nominated deputy e.g.
deliveries, stock, organising storage of blood and bone marrow slides. Perform stock take
and inform section leader if stocks are running low.
* To take an active role in the referral of samples to third party laboratories where required.
* To clean and maintain equipment to achieve the optimum instrument performance and
maintain a clean and safe working environment.
* To clean and disinfect designated laboratory equipment such as centrifuges and
* To follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to make up disinfectants as required and routinely disinfect all work surfaces.
* To record fridge temperatures in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
You'll be provided with a dedicated recruitment consultant, who's professional approach means you will always be fully supported.
We also offer all our Medical Lab Assistant the following benefits:
* Market leading pay rates
* Ability to book shifts in advance
* A choice of either daily or weekly payroll
* Fast track compliance process with free DBS processing
* Revalidation advice and support provided by our own in-house clinical nurses
* In-house complimentary training
* Access to CPD fund and annual incentives
As a Medical Lab Assistant, you will need to hold the following requirements:
* 1 - 2 years minimum experience in the field of Pathology
* Must have UK based experience
* Pathology lab-based experience
* Must have full right to work in the UK
At TFS Healthcare, we're an award-winning recruitment agency specialising in supplying medical professionals for contract/block bookings, temporary and permanent positions within the NHS and private healthcare organisations across the UK.
If you fit the above description or wish to discuss other opportunities with one of the UK's fastest growing agencies, please apply now or call for further information on 020 7407 1122.
If you are not available for this opportunity, why not recommend a friend or colleague and earn £250 bonus for each successful placement - there is no limit to the number of people you can refer! (T&Cs apply).
TFS Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.
TFS Healthcare will make reasonable adjustments and provide support for anyone who needs it either to apply or to succeed in the role. We will also support people to access our clients' organisations with sensitivity, respect and care.