British Sign Language- Surrey – Immediate Start and September 2019 Aspiring Speech and Language Therapist- Education and Training
What are your new objectives for September 2019 within British Sign Language? Why are you a aspiring Speech and Language Therapist
Do you have a British Sign Language Level 2 Qualification?
As a Psychology Graduate, Non Graduate, do you know what your objectives are? Do you need a 12 month placement to gain entry to an MSc or Research Project?
What can you do to cause a breakthrough in your studies and future career? Would this role within Speech Therapy really help?
How do you know what your objectives are within Psychology?
Summary for SEN TA/British Sign Language Level 2, Surrey
Academic are currently recruiting a graduate who has aspirations within Speech and Language to join a HI and SLD Primary school/ unit in Surrey. In this Speech & Language Assistant role you will be working 1:1 with pupils with limited or no Speech, British Sign Language Level 2 being required. Some of the pupils, through their Autism, will be selectively mute. If your objective is to be a Speech & Language / SEN TA, working in a specialist SLD setting is a great place to start.
Ideal Candidate – British Sign Language and some PECs knowledge - aspiring Speech and Language Therapist
* A degree in any subject, from Psychology to Drama, the interest to work with pupils has to be there, to raise attainment
* British Sign Language Level 2
* Has school experience – although personal experience would be useful as well
* Genuinely aspiring Speech and Language Therapist
* Open mind and secure in your objectives
* Has experience teaching small group sessions in Social Skills
* Comfortable planning and teaching these sessions
* Ideally have experience working with students with autism and Specific Learning difficulties
Main Responsibilities - Surrey - Aspiring Speech and Language Therapist
* Assessing and reviewing needs, as well as implementing, evaluating and delivering programs and regular learning, therapy
* Providing 1:1 support in a specialist setting of 3-5 students
* Interaction with parents is critical
* Work closely with teaching and support staff members
* Teaching regular classes in Social Skills
* Learning Lego Therapy and other therapies
* Actively getting involved in extracurricular activities
* Watching Speech and Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists at work
Requirements for Education and Training - Surrey
British sign Language Level 2, then, recent experience and a genuine passion for working in a special school are essential. All applicants will need to hold a current enhanced DBS and be fully compliant to work in the UK.
If this is the role for you, please apply below or contact the SEN Team at Academics. Education and Training -Surrey