Credit Controller/ Debt collection Customer Accounts
Maternity cover (10 months – 1 year)
£25,000 - £28,000
Working for a property management company in Godalming you will be the main credit controller and the focal point for arrears collection. You will be communicating with internal and external customers to ensure the effective collection of and allocation of commercial, residential and company debt to minimise bad debt across the business.
You will be joining a very friendly team based just outside Godalming - YOU'LL NEED YOUR OWN TRANSPORT.
It is ideal that you have credit control experience or accounts administration experience.
* To monitor overdue payments, anticipate developments and identify those accounts which require special attention.
* Proactively communicate with poor payers to maintain dialogue and ensure prompt payments.
* Ensure that all customers are charged in a timely manner in accordance with their legal documents.
* Dealing with customer contact by phone, fax and email in respect of finance queries they have in relation to their individual accounts.
* Logging all conversations onto the system.
* Setting up customer payment plans and ensuring they are communicated and adhered to over the planned period.
* Handling arrears queries including liaising with Property Managers to provide full and complete responses.
* To handle disputed accounts and negotiate with clients to bring payment in line with terms.
* Production and dispatch of internal arrears chasing letters
* To escalate poor payers to external solicitors for legal action and provide single point of contact for external solicitors.
* To undertake reconciliations and compile documentation for legal action as necessary.
* Maintain accurate and up to date customer details and account records.
* Regular arrears reporting and analysis to external clients, Customer Accounts Manager, SMT and other stakeholders.
* Proactively identify, investigate and improve problem areas within income recognition and recovery.
* Credit control/ debt collection experience ideal but not essential if you have accounts administration experience and are confident on the phone
* Experience of sales ledger
* Strong Microsoft office skills
* Organised, able to prioritise and work on own initiative
* Excellent customer service
* You need your own transport