Our client is a luxury hotel who is currently seeking an experineced Sous Chef to strenghten thier existing team.
You will be responsible for but not limited to:
* Recruitment, training and coaching team of 6 Chefs and 3 Kitchen Porters – adding to your team as the business grows
* The menu planning, supplier resourcing, ordering, delivery, storage, preparation, cooking and service across the range of food areas within the Hotel
* Development of menu ideas to progress the food offering to achieve rosette standards across all areas of service; restaurant, banqueting, afternoon tea, corporate functions
* Ensure compliance with HACCP and food hygiene, health and safety legislation.
* Achieving gross profit targets on dishes to allow for future investment in the facilities and staffing
* Creating passion, flair and drive in your team to assist the hotel to achieve its quality and business objectives. Practice and promote effective teamwork and communication amongst your direct work colleagues and colleagues in other departments.
* Experience of developing a quality hotel restaurant to 2 rosette standard
* Proven record of team selection and retention that supports the development of excellent standards
* Demonstrate during a cooking trial the practical ability and flair that will be required to drive and motivate others on the team to achieve
* Demonstrate ideas of how the food offering can be developed and standards improved when being interviewed
* Hold the experience to manage the multi menu requirements and busy banqueting operation.
* Live locally or have the ability to relocate to the area with own transportation.
* 4 weeks holiday increasing with service
* 8 Bank holidays
* Free car parking
* Employee uniform
In addition you will benefit from a range of company benefits including:
Discounted hotel accommodation for yourself and your family at all hotels
Discount off all food & beverage at all hotels
Discount of individual treatments booked in our two spas
Discount on retail products in our two spas
Refer a friend staff recruitment scheme In additional you will enjoy a range of other benefits when you celebrate your 1 yr, 3 yr and 5 yr anniversary including; your birthday off paid, complimentary overnight stays, complimentary lunch/afternoon tea and service related holiday