A superb opportunity to join a Camberley based not for profit organisation. The role of Bookkeeper is offered on a temp to perm basis. The hours are part time – 25 per week. There is flexibility on what days these hours are worked.
Bookkeeper - About The Role
Reporting to the Accountant and working with the Management Accountant. This is a great opportunity to be involved in a rewarding and loyal organisation. This varied role is offered on a part time basis with a good deal of flexibility. A solid career in the accounting/bookkeeping function is needed.
As the Bookkeeper you will:
* Handle accounts payable & receivable
* Assist with completion of VAT & PAYE returns
* Record financial transactions for organisation and its trading subsidiary
* Code payables ready for input
* Handle supplier invoices – recording, approving or denying
* Monitor debt levels & ensure compliance with debt covenants
* Maintenance of company ledgers
* Invoicing of services & paying vendors
* Preparing purchase orders
* Handling subsidiary accounts
* Providing administrative & clerical support adhoc
* Maintain office supplies, inventory and ordering
* Filing historical records and retrieval
* Recording cash receipts & maintain petty cash
* Additional bookkeeping duties as designated by manager
The successful Bookkeeper will have:
* Ideally had experience working for a charitable organisation.
* A strong background of working in a similar role essential.
Bookkeeper – Benefits
* 25 days holiday + bank holidays
* Company pension scheme
* Free parking permit
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)