Based in Surrey
£30,000 to £40,000
Do you want work for an industry leader of complex security systems that are making cutting edge technology being used worldwide? Well this could be you as my client is hiring a NPI/Manufacturing Engineer who needs to have a good range of experience in manufacturing/production in the engineering sector. The New Product Introduction/Manufacturing Engineer is involved with the design and building of assembly cells and workbench layouts, improving flow of supply chain components and products utilising best practice operations.
* Evaluate existing manufacturing processes and workflows identifying weaknesses with existing methods and implementing change and improvements establishing an effective and efficient work sequence.
* Create processes and procedures to assist the business in meeting budgetary goals as well as performance objectives combined with driving efficiency improvements.
* Provide build documentation and training for production staff (SOP, CWI’s).
* Involved with creation of line balancing, quality control plans.
* Liaise with R&D reporting issues from production builds and assist in design and development of new products, product mock-ups alongside the R&D team.
* Using your experience to act as a “voice of manufacturing” to Design Engineers, ensure DFM considerations are taken during NPI development.
* A clear understanding of design for manufacture at both a component and final assembly level.
* Updating of processes and documentation triggered by VCRs or production issues.
* Assist in design / manufacture / purchase of assembly tooling / jigs / fixtures etc.
* A broad knowledge of manual manufacturing and assembly processes.
* An exponent and champion of continuous improvement and the tools employed in such practices and possess a working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles.
* Organise plant improvement and shut-down schedules to ensure minimum loss of production time.
* Analyse shop floor efficiency, quality and generate quantifiable improvements using FMEA.
Skills and qualifications:
* Extensive Manufacturing Engineering of 5 years+
* HNC / HND Engineering or equivalent
* Experience working with suppliers or customers
* Excellent understanding of manufacturing processes.
* Understanding engineering, scientific and other technical information.
* Highly Technical and commercially aware.
* Excellent communication and can present data effectively
* Strong planning and prioritising ability.
* Communicating and presenting data effectively.
* Proficient IT and application skills.
* Efficient & effective problem resolution skills.
* Applying and ensuring health and safety practices are adhered to during implementation & change.
* Managing projects from end to end.
* Values team collaboration.
If you are interested in this exciting position then please ‘APPLY NOW
5 days ago
This position is being advertised by a job board.
- Email Me This Job
- Print Details