Job Title - Account Trainee
Salary - £21,000 - £23,000
Location - Guildford
Overall job purpose
The Trainee will assist the Semi-Seniors and Seniors in providing outsourced accounting solutions to a small number of high value clients (possibly only one if the client is large enough).
* To ensure that daily tasks are performed accurately and by the required deadlines set by the Semi-Seniors and Seniors. This may include purchase ledger, sales ledger and bank reconciliations together with assisting the Semi-Seniors and Seniors with the production of management accounts and other reports.
* To communicate any problems in complying with the initial instructions immediately to the Semi-Seniors and Seniors.
* To assist the Semi-Seniors and Seniors, as required, to provide adequate briefing, supervision, and "on the job" training for less experienced Trainees and/or client staff to enable them to perform their duties to a high standard and in a timely manner. To review the work completed by less experienced Trainees and/or client staff for adequacy and completeness, and ensure that proper feedback is given to them.
* To actively seek feedback on work once it has been reviewed
* School leaver or graduate looking to study for the AAT qualification.
* Skills required
* Ability to work closely with a range of client personnel and ability to empathise with/operate in/alongside different corporate, professional and other cultures
* Strong accounting and IT skills
* Problem solving
* Flexibility and adaptability
* Good communication skills
* Commercial awareness both in recognising opportunities to introduce other BT specialists and an enthusiasm for learning about different industries & sectors
21 days ago
This position is being advertised by a recruitment agency.
- Email Me This Job
- Print Details